feedburner

Enter your email address:

Thoughts on valuation

Labels: ,

I have decided to abolish the use of forecast values as one of my entry criteria after giving some thought reason being :

1) Future is uncertain. The model requires one to project most of the inputs much ahead (like 5,10 years) which is not realistic in my opinion.

2) Tendency to use them to reinforce my decision when faced with uncertainty regardless of its relevancy.

Therefore instead of relying on forecasts, I will value the stock based on real results(i.e trailing p.e) even though  this only tells me what the stock "should" have been worth based on earnings from the past . This is a trade off I'm taking but I believe the risk of relying on my own forecasts is much more dangerous.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment